Dudley's Restaurant has been a mainstay on the Lexington gathering and dining scene since 1981. Dudley's Restaurant occupied space in Historic Dudley's Square until Oct. 2009.
Wanting to be in the heart of downtown and Cheapside district Dudley's made a big move in 2010. With 4 other investors Debbie Long owner of Dudley's Restaurant purchased The Northern Bank Building. Built in 1889 it was one of the most prominent in downtown Lexington. Not only did it face the rear of the courthouse but it marks the beginning of Market Street. That became the entrance to the aristocratic Gratz Park Residential Historic District. It also was the head of Cheapside, originally the Public Square and location of the market House, later the site of Court Days.
Today this wonderful area has once again become the heart of downtown with the renovation of Cheapside park and the permanent home of our popular Farmers Market.
A complete renovation of Dudley's new home started in Aug of 2009. The doors opened in March 2010 to a gorgeous, two story restaurant that continued its award winning creative American cuisine, wine list and service to a steady base of local clientele while making newcomers and visitors feel welcome immediately.